1. There is no “i” in team, but there is one in “chic”. Dress the part, because it matters.
2. People remember how they are treated. Be kind to everyone- you never know where they will eventually end up.
3. Being accessible makes you indispensable.
4. Communication is your job, silence is deafening. Return calls and emails within the same day as receiving them, if not faster.
5. Give credit where credit is due. You can shine by giving others their moment.
6. Network for yourself, but also take pleasure in connecting other people even when you have nothing to gain from it. You know what they say about Karma…
7. Honesty is not always the best policy. How you manage your sample requests is your business. MagazineX is already upset about not being able to get Look 10. Telling them it’s because MagazineY has it is not going to help the matter. #Trust
8. Emails can be detrimental to your health. If you wouldn’t want to share what you wrote with the class, don’t send it. Anyway there’s always an anonymous Twitter account for that…#VentElsewhere
9. Always open an attachment before sending. Sure you thought ‘Xmas’ was the holiday gift giving sample assortment you saved, but it might just be your family vacation from last year. #CheckItOrRegretIt
10. Manage your personal PR. You are a brand. Did you know that? Reputation management is the most important job you can do. You may be the best thing since platform heels, but if people hate working with you, trust me it won’t matter.